NARS does everything right virtually always. No difference here with their newest offering NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint SPF 30. I love the coverage AND even though its says velvet matte in the name – don’t let that fool you. The finish is VERY soft and natural, nothing like foundations that offer the straight up matte cakey look. NO CAKE HERE!
Velvet Matte Skin Tint SPF 30 delivers soft-matte perfection and protection. This oil-free formula delivers NARS’ signature natural-looking finish and shine control with the skincare benefits of an all-in-one treatment. NARS’ innovative Velvet Illusion Complex technology creates a soft-focus effect with a soft-touch feel. Transparent Blurring Powders instantly enhance the look of skin by helping to blur imperfections and even tone – naturally dimensional skin that doesn’t look flat, masked, or chalky. The unique, spherical shape of the Transparent Blurring Powders compress like a cushion, delivering a velvety feel and superior comfort upon application. Rose Fruit Extract refines the appearance of pores and controls shine. This ultra-blendable skin tint glides on smooth delivering sheer-to-medium coverage that lasts comfortably through the day. From the lightest ivory to the deepest mahogany, an expertly refined range of 12 global shades offers soft-matte coverage for every skintone. Instant perfection, at the ready. Charged with vitamins C, E, and broad spectrum SPF 30.
- Terre-Neuve LIGHT0 -Lightest with neutral pink undertones
- Finland LIGHT1 – Lightest with neutral yellow undertones
- Alaska LIGHT2 – Light with a neutral balance of pink and yellow undertones
- Groenland LIGHT3 – Light medium with a neutral pink / peachy undertone
- St. Mortiz MEDIUM1 – Medium with a neutral yellow undertone
- Cuzco MEDIUM1.5 – Medium with a neutral pink / peachy undertone
- Annapurna MEDIUM2 – Medium with a neutral peachy undertone
- Cuba MEDIUM3 – Medium with a neutral balance of pink and yellow undertones
- Malaga MED/DARK1 – Medium dark with warm caramel undertones
- Seychelles MED/DARK2 – Medium dark with golden olive undertones
- Martinique MED/DARK3 – Medium dark with warm red undertones
- Polynesia DARK1 – Dark with warm chocolate undertones
Below is a pic of me wearing it last week for the first time – It’s been my go to all week! My shade is Malaga which I think is a teeny bit warm so I might go for Cuba instead because it has a little more pink/neutral tone to it.
LOVE the finish of this!! My shade is MALAGA (it's a bit too orange but I worked with it) It says velvet matte but it's more like a soft matte…very natural looking. I snapped my application (?makeupgirlblog so head over there to check that out) Bravo @narsissist!!! #velvetmatteskintint #narsissist #narscosmetics #makeup #skintint #over45beauty
If you like a soft matte finish – I would give this a whirl you will love it! You can get yours at NARSCosmetics.com, Sephora or specialty retailers.